Competent, compassionate, and committed teachers are needed to educate students in today's increasingly diverse classrooms. With an education degree, you will have the opportunity to become a quality educator who is a compassionate, servant leader committed to lifelong learning and professional excellence.
- Early Childhood Education
- Middle Childhood Education
- Intervention Specialist (Mild/Moderate Early Childhood)
- Intervention Specialist (Mild/Moderate Middle Childhood)
- Intervention Specialist (Reading/L.A./Math)
- Intervention Specialist (Reading/L.A./Science)
- Intervention Specialist (Reading/L.A./Social Studies)
- Integrated Business Education (Secondary/High School)
- Integrated Language Arts Education (Secondary/High School)
- Integrated Mathematics Education (Secondary/High School)
- Integrated Social Studies Education (Secondary/High School)
- Music (Multi-age education track)
- Spanish (Multi-age education track)
- Visual Arts Education
- Life Science Education (Secondary/High School)
- Physical Science Education (Secondary/High School)
Dr. Bevin Shiverdecker is a Professor of Education to MVNU. He earned his B.A. in Education from MVNU in 1981, an M.A. in Education from Morehead State University in 1985, and an Ed.D. in Higher Education from Nova Southeastern University in 1997. With over two decadeâ€™s experience in higher education, and a decade in secondary education, he has been awarded the MVNU Presidentâ€™s Award for Excellence in Teaching three times (2007, 1996, 1997), and has given a number of presentations in Ohio and surrounding conferences. Read More
Click here to see the rest of our faculty!
The MVNU Experience
An education degree earned at MVNU is packed with hours in field experiences, a unique educational opportunity that begins during your freshman year. You will also have opportunities to work with diverse students, integrate theory with practice, participate in educational trips during January term, and even student teach internationally. MVNU has a long tradition of ranking among the best in Ohioâ€™s teacher education programs and students consistently score high or perfect scores on licensure exams.