Diversity Leadership Scholarship Program (DLSP)
The Diversity Leadership Scholarship Program (DLSP) was especially designed for first-year AIM students.* It emphasizes:
- Christian Character
- Academic excellence
- Service to others
Through service and mission experiences, campus leadership and involvement opportunities, you will develop into a Christ-minded leader prepared to make a difference at MVNU and in the world.
*(Americans of color—African, Latino, Asian, and Native American; International students; and Missionary students).
To provide a leadership development program and scholarship for selected first-year diversity scholar candidates with a vision for leadership, Christian character, academic talent, and service.
The Diversity Leadership Scholarship Program is administered in four, integrated dimensions:
Monthly “Leadership 101” Luncheons
Includes exploration of knowledge, skills, and values leadership through specially designed exercises, experiences, and guest speakers.
Scholars engage in a personal program of leadership, academic, and mentoring activities on campus and in the community. They also participate in chapel services, Student Government Association, class projects, and other campus events through the year.
Develop a mentoring relationship with an assigned MVNU peer member for academic and social guidance and support as a Leadership Scholar.
- Provide training, education, and development activities.
- Introduce scholars to the definition, concepts, and principles of leadership.
- Expose scholars to professionals in leadership positions.
- Explore knowledge, skills, and values leadership through specially designed exercises and experiences.
- Offer direct guidance and support through faculty and staff mentors.
- Develop experientially based leadership skills through individual and group decision making.
- Cultivate integrity, sensitivity, and spiritual growth, and develop skills required for creative and dynamic servant leadership.
- Encourage in all students a life of service, professional ethics, and active stewardship.
- Build a sense of unity among participants in order to strengthen and lead the MVNU community.